This is a beta version of geoOttaWOW, a Minecraft world based on data sets used in geoOttawa. The zip file is a folder that you will need to un-zip in your saves directory.
Users will be able to explore Roads, Rails, Rivers, and Ottawa’s buildings in a Minecraft world.
How to Load GeoOttaWOW
Locate the Minecraft Saves directory
1. You will first need to locate the saved file in your Minecraft "saves" folder, as that is where downloaded game files like maps are generally stored.
What is the Minecraft "saves" folder, and how do you locate it? The folder is in your directory of Minecraft files. There are a few ways to locate it:
Using the Minecraft Launcher:
1. Open the Launcher, and select Edit Profile.
2. Click the Open Game Dir option. "Dir" is short for "Directory."
3. Your "saves" folder will be in the .minecraft directory.
1. Open the Start menu and select Run.
2. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\" and hit Enter.
Using Mac OS
1. Open the Finder.
2. Select Go and Go to Folder...
3. When prompted, enter (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves".
Store the Minecraft Map Files
1. Having located the "saves" folder, you can copy the folder to the "saves" folder.
2. You can also rename your downloaded map if you like by renaming the folder.
Launch Your Downloaded Minecraft Map
If your downloaded map has been saved in the Minecraft "saves" folder, you should be able to select it when you play Minecraft when asked to select a World from your Worlds list.